SMALL MONUMENTS

These are ordinary objects that conjure a past association for the person to whom they belong. They were exhibited at the Blackfish Gallery Window, 420 NW 9th, Portland, Oregon 97209. March 3 – 29, 2008.

Submit an object: Send me an e-mail with: (1) A small jpeg photo of the object, (2) A description of it and, (3) A short explanation of why it is important to you. (Click on "My Complete Profile" to the right to send me an e-mail.) I'll post your submission.

"A childhood memory: I loved standing on my dad’s feet while he danced with me; he wore “Wingtips." After he died I found these shoes in his closet, and sent them away to be bronzed, like baby shoes. Now I keep them by the door where I take off my shoes when I come home."

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Juliette's Hot Pink Ribbon - Marianne Kempter


"My mother's European frugality is believed to have been a result of growing up during and, surviving the turbulence of WW2 France. During the 1960's she brought home from a brief employment an enormous quantity of hot pink ribbon on spools. Over the years she has utilized it for a multitude of purposes from the pretty to the practical. Now at 89 as her life winds down so do the spools, with only two remaining. Her name is Juliette, her legacy is forever entwined with this hot pink ribbon, in our hearts and memories."

Marianne Kempter

1 comment:

Jobove - Reus said...

very good blog congratulations
regard from Catalonia Spain
thank you